Tuesday, June 17, 2014

Two and a half weeks later...

Still enjoying the discovery... meeting new people, eating new foods, exploring the city and the area (went to the beach last Sunday (check out the cap on the pic with little boy in the water... go Hawks! even on the other side of the world). Thought I had found a great house for us but it turned out to be a little far from the downtown; but yesterday I found another great property only a little more than a mile from downtown and down the street from lots of restaurants, shopping and a "Big C" (supermarket).

As interesting this journey is....all of this would be and will be so, so much more enjoyable when Dawn is here to share it with me. Missing her birthday and Father's Day here was tough. The work is starting to get more and more involved with meetings and my Peace Winds colleague who has helped me in this transition will be leaving back to the U.S. So I will be on my own now working with the government and businesses on putting together the plans for business continuity/disaster preparedness training, all of this to be completed over the next 3 years.  Check out peacewindsamerica.org  (the Vietnam Initiative) for more info on what we're doing here. Back to the big(ger) city of Hanoi Thursday for meetings Thursday and Friday then back to Hai Phong on Saturday...as always I will take as many photos as I can.

I will let some of the pictures tell the story and I'll check back with another update in a week or so.







No comments:

Post a Comment