Monday, June 16, 2014

Saying Goodbye - Part Two

We aren't going to be gone that long, especially me. I plan to come back at least a couple of times a year to visit with grand-babies, parents, siblings, kids and friends.  Still, saying goodbye is hard.  I know I will see my family and close friends often, but not sure about the greater, extended group of acquaintances who I know, love and appreciate but don't interact with outside of my job.

The last seven years I have been lucky enough to have a job that I love - connecting with many and having the opportunity to be involved as change happens.  I worked with a great group of people at the city of Sammamish who I will really miss.  Thank heavens for Facebook, Google Hangouts and Skype.  Thankfully we are going to a place where people just might decide to stop by and visit.

One of those people I work with created a short video which I love - thanks Elaine! I know I will look back at this part of my life and remember it as being one of the best.

These next two weeks will fly by - getting ready for a combined estate sale of our things and my parents as they downsize after selling their home of over 50 years.  For that I am grateful - John is a long way away and being apart has started to really drag me down.


3 comments:

  1. I know that I am I have a little bias but this short clip is just a very small example and reflection of a much larger and wonderful sphere of inspiration and positive influence you have had on so many...

    ReplyDelete
  2. John is so right! I'm hoping to make it to Viet Nam - one way to connect!

    ReplyDelete